Apr 28, 2011

Heart of Lies by Jill Marie Landis

HEART OF LIES by Jill Marie Landis
This year, I committed to challenging myself with genres of books that I normally don’t read.  Historical romances are one of them.  I am not one to read romance novels, much less historical romances!  My first challenge came as I requested Heart of Lies by Jill Marie Landis from Zondervan.  My first thought when I received the book was “What have I gotten myself into?”  By the look of the cover, I kind of regretted requesting it.
That’s why the saying goes…never judge a book by its cover!  I opened the book thinking, “I’m just going to get this over with.” 
From the beginning to the end, I was absolutely captivated by each character, plot, and motive!
In Heart of Lies, Jill Marie Landis takes us on a journey through the heart change that Maddie Grande is confronted with as she is faced with memories of her past.  Woven within the story is the hope of love in the most unlikely place, and a painful family reunion. 
Can Maddie find the truth of who she is while she struggles with the fact that she is a theft?  Is Tom Abbot’s love strong enough for Maddie to overcome her worst fears?  Will Maddie’s identity keep her bound to her obligations to the tribe she was raised in?  Can Maddie’s story ring true in all of our hearts as she is faced with standing at a crossroad of change, having to make some hard decisions?
I was provided a complementary book by Zondervan in exchange for an honest review.  The views and opinions are my own.

No comments: