Nov 1, 2011

Lily's Wedding Quilt by Kelly Long

    I always love to challenge myself with different genres of books.  I usually love Christian thrillers, biographies, bible studies, and spiritual suspense.  Since I started writing reviews, I have ordered books that are not my usual avenue of reading.
     I ordered Lily’s Wedding Quilt in hopes that I would find a different genre of book that I would fall in love with.  I completely loved the story line and the character’s were fabulously woven together as Kelly Long reveals the lifestyle of the Amish community.
    Although it felt like it took me forever to get through this book, I would recommend it to anyone who loves Amish love stories, or historical fiction.  For those who usually don’t read this genre…it is a challenge, but I think you will thoroughly enjoy it!
    Kelly Long weaves real life into a fictional story.  Sometimes, we want things to work out certain ways in our lives and when God puts a twist into our story…we wonder if God is even present in our circumstance.  Then, as our stories unfold…we see that God was there the whole time!  As Lily and Jacob’s life are woven together through hidden circumstances…we see God’s hand secretly moving their lives in the path that He wants and in the end….well, I can’t tell you the end…but you can definitely find out for yourself!

I received this book at no cost to me from book sneeze and the opinions and views are all my own!

No comments: